Saturday, June 2, 2012

Getting Healthy in June!

Back in January, I set a resolution to continue to exercise and eat as healthy as possible, to feel better about myself, to set a good example for my kids and to just feel healthy overall.

I did really well for a while, I lost all of the weight I wanted to and was doing well and then I let life get in the way. My husband works long hours and overnights, which often leaves me feeling alone with everything else, including our 3 very small children. He tries his best to help, but he is usually just too tired. Add to that the fact that we bought a house and the stresses of moving...well, all of my hard work eventually was depleted! So sad for me! I know it's my own fault for all of the excuses and I am determined to make being a healthy a lifelong habit so...

I decided for June that I would jump start things by going Vegetarian. Yesterday was day one and I think I overate, but it will take some getting used to since it is such a big adjustment! I am lucky there are great tools out there like MyFitnessPal to help me meet my goals!

I also restarted Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It is the only workout that has ever helped me actually lose weight and not just maintain where I am at! I won't lie though, it KICKS MY BUTT!

Anyway, I plan to write an entry each day or every few days, so that I will be held accountable to keep up with these changes this month!

My goal is to lose 15 pounds (total, not in the month of June) and then maintain that healthy weight by avoiding fast foods and not eating too much sugar...my weakness!

If you are on MyFitnessPal, please feel free to add me as a friend! I am always looking for more people to network with in the health and fitness world!

Also, if you have any Vegetarian or Vegan recipes, please feel free to post them or a link to them below!
--------

Day 1.

I thought overall, I did a pretty good job of not eating meat. I forgot that the chia cookies I made had egg in them, so I did slip up there, but it reminded me that I need to buy an egg replacer when I get groceries in the next few days. I had a crazy craving for a baked potato and didn't have any at home. I ended up getting mashed potatoes from Chili's which was probably a bad idea, but I didn't want to start off this thing depriving myself something I felt I wanted so strongly. I had a banana and yogurt for breakfast and organic ramen noodles for lunch. I was surprised to find that they had 1000 mg of sodium! I probably won't be eating those again. I am not much for eating packaged foods, but I really need to get to the grocery store. For Day 2 I plan to make some spaghetti with spaghetti squash.

As far as the workout goes, I was proud of myself for pushing through. It is a hard workout, especially the first few days and I was sweating like crazy and out of breath quite often. I know it will get easier after I get this first week behind me, but it definitely wasn't as difficult as the first time I did the Shred and my body was thankful for that!


1 comment:

  1. how was the spaghetti squash? i have heard of it but never tried it.

    ReplyDelete