Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dallas (2012) on TNT- Series premiere review


I'll admit, I have never seen the original Dallas series. The show ran from 1978-1991, which means it started before I was born and ended when I was 9 years old. I have always heard plenty about it though, my mom was 18 in 1978 and I am pretty sure she watched the entire series. I also live near Dallas, so Southfork Ranch is kind of a big deal here! I have always wanted to go visit it...but I am getting off track...

I was lucky to receive the GREAT Klout perk to be one of the first to watch the series premiere of the Dallas tv series reboot. That's right,  there is an all new Dallas about to start and introduce a whole new audience (my generation) the the scheming of the Ewing family. The 2 hours season premiere of Dallas is set for tomorrow June 13th at 9pm Eastern time.

I thought at first that I might have trouble following what was going on since I hadn't watched the original series, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. The beauty about the new Dallas, is that many of the original cast members like Patrick Duffy and Larry Hagman are back reprising their roles, which is a great incentive for fans of the original series to watch, but the actors playing their adult kids are some pretty awesome actors that I quite like, such as Jordana Brewster and Jesse Metcalfe- the ladder of whom many soap opera fans will recognize from the very popular soap opera Passions. I was glad to see him in this cast- almost enough incentive on it's own for me to watch, but there was so much more I enjoyed about it. I liked that right away, I had strong feelings for many characters- whether it be that I liked them or couldn't stand them. I was drawn so into it, that I feel like I should try to get my hands on the original series, or at least the most popular episodes, to familiarize myself with the characters-although I don't feel that is entirely necessary.

What I gathered from the series premiere is that there was a huge rivalry between JR Ewing (portrayed by Hagman) and Bobby Ewing (portrayed by Patrick Duffy) that is now surfacing between  JR's son John Ross (portrayed by Josh Henderson) and Bobby's son Christopher (portrayed by Metcalfe). It also seems that the old rivalry between Bobby and JR is also going to resurface soon, much to Bobby's chagrin. This is a rich Texas family that is involved in the Oil and Cattle industries.



I highly recommend tuning in whether you are an old fan or someone who has never seen the original series and you enjoy a good drama.

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow night!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to help me win an all expensive paid trip to visit Southfork Ranch? Give me +K in Dallas (TV Show) on Klout. I will happily return the favor in any category you chose! I am currently influencer number 69 (being in the top 100 got me this awesome perk) and I need to be in the top 10! If you are not on Klout yet, GET ON KLOUT, I can not tell you the massive amount of things I have received from them, just from being on there. It is free and lots of fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Disclaimer- I received the early copy of the Dallas Premiere for being in the top 100 influencers in Dallas on Klout. I was in no way compensated or required to post a review of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment