Monday, April 30, 2012

Let's Help Wipe Out Global Poverty- Live Below the Line Campaign

If you only had $1.50 to spend on your daily needs, what would you spend it on? Must of us do not face this problem, but for people living in extreme poverty, it is a struggle they face daily. Imagine trying to just feed yourself on that tiny amount of money per day. Seems impossible, doesn't it?  Oh, the things we take for granted.

For the week of May 7 through May 11, I will join thousands of other people dedicated to bringing awareness to this global extreme poverty crisis by participating in Live Below the Line Campaign via the Bzzagent team. I will be living off of $1.50 a day. I will have to figure out how to make this happen and what food I can buy on this little amount of money to make 3 meals a day for myself. I know it won't be easy, but that is the point. It isn't easy for those people that have to make these decisions every day. This is a great way to see first hand how many people in our world are living daily because of their circumstances.

Live Below the Line is a campaign to bring awareness to the poverty crisis, but it is also a means to help. There are several ways you can help support me and this campaign. The biggest way is to make a donation via my Live Below the Line fundraising page. A little bit can go a long way. If I could get just 25 people to donate $10, we would have raised $250 to donate to the Global Poverty Project. If that same amount of people donated $20, we would raise $500, the amounts and possibilities are endless. Donate what you can, let's bless those who truly, truly need it!

You can also help by spreading the word through your various social media outlets. I would love it if you might consider sharing a link of my fundraising page via email, facebook, twitter, pinterest, anywhere really.

Another way you can help is to join the Live Below the Line campaign yourself. The more people that join, the more people can be reached and more awareness and funds can be raised.

Let's help eradicate extreme poverty. We have the power to do so, we just need to work together to get it done.

For more information on the organization I am raising funds for, visit The Global Poverty Project

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Cristi! I really should join in on this campaign too. For now, I will help spread your efforts :) Good luck. I hope you will do a follow up post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great campaign! Kudos to you for doing something to help global poverty! I'm going to go check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Cristi! As you I love this campaign because you get so much more out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete