Wednesday, May 14, 2014

OvenArt Silicone Muffin Pan Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I have been wanting to switch all of my bakeware over to silicone for quite some time now. There are all kinds of chemicals lurking in non-stick pans that will leech into our foods without us even knowing it. Silicone has the non-stick element without the terrible chemical problems. I was so excited to run across OvenArt's Silicone bakeware on Tomoson and was elated to be able to review this product. So far, I have made banana chocolate chip muffins and corn muffins. The pan is really easy to use. The first time, I didn't think about the fact that it would be a little flimsy and I stuck it straight in the oven. I was able to get it out without running the muffins, but it was no easy feat. The second go round, I remembered that it said right on the packaging to put the silicone pan on top of something more sturdy like a cookie pan, and that made it super easy to get it in and out of the oven. I sprayed a little cooking spray in the muffin pan before each use and what I found was the OvenArt's silicone pan performs better than the non-stick pans I have been using. All of the muffins cooked well and evenly and by just barely pushing on the bottom of the muffin cups, the baked goods pop cleanly out of the pan. I took a picture of myself pushing on one of the cupcakes to try and illustrate just how clean the muffins come out of the pan:



I don't know about you, but I have had plenty of baked goods stick in my so called "non-stick" muffin tins. I was quite impressed with how OvenArt's silicone muffin pan performed. Bonus points for the pans because they are oven safe, dishwasher safe AND microwave safe. When it was time for me to clean the pan, it only took a quick rinse...easiest clean up ever. I liked this pan so much, I have already bought a second one and plan to throw out my old non-stick pans. It's the first step in going all silicone with my baking pans. I definitely recommend giving these a try. You will never want to use a non-stick pan again!

You can find OvenArt's Silicone Baking Pans on Amazon.com


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment