Saturday, May 17, 2014

Cook N Home Non-Stick Ceramic Cookware Review

I am on a never ending quest to make our home as healthy as possible in all possible ways. That started originally in 2007 when I was pregnant with my first baby and learned about all of the crazy chemicals that lurk in things we use on a daily basis, like bottles and tupperware. I found out shortly after that there are all kinds of chemicals that leach out of non-stick pots and pans. The biggest (but not only) chemical problems in these very popular pots and pans are PTFE, PFOA and cadmium...in some cases there is even lead. It is bad enough that these awful, known carcinogenic chemicals can be used in things we have to utilize on a daily basis, but what is even worse is that these chemicals leach into your food every time you heat up that pot or pan....

I moved on to stainless steel and just did not personally care for that style of pan. Next, I bought some cast iron and I actually really like cast iron, but it does have some downfalls. It is extremely heavy, so it can be kind of a chore to lift these types of pans to put on the stove and they can be kind of hard to clean and keep in tip top shape. I enjoy my cast iron pans because you can just not get that same taste on food in any other type of pans, but I just can not use them daily. I wish I could though!

Recently, I came across ceramic coated non-stick pans. To me, this seemed like the best option, so I bought a set. The only draw back to these, I thought, is that they have to be hand washed, but since I got them a few days ago, I have used them more than a few times (since I love to cook and try to make most meals at home), they are just the easiest pans to wash. The ceramic coating is the best non-stick surface I have ever seen. Making meals actually requires very little oil in the pan and everything washes out with just a sponge and a little bit of water and soap. They look brand new after each use. I am in love. I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone happens to be looking for new pots and pans or is unaware of the bad chemicals in regular non-stick pans. This set is PTFE, PFOA, cadmium and lead free. I HIGHLY recommend this pots and pans.

I bought these on Amazon.com last week and they were $39.99 at that time. I checked today and they were up to $50 something...that is still better than the normal $89.99 price tag, but I say to keep your eye on them over the next week or two since Amazon is notorious for price fluctuations. This set is worth the original price, but I am glad I got them for such a low price!

No comments:

Post a Comment