Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Love My Slow Cooker by Beverly LeBlanc

I don't think it  is possible for me to ever have too many recipes or too many cookbooks. I have a habit of collecting them and my pantry is getting mighty full of them. I like being able to offer my family a variety of meals and like to have plenty of recipes at my disposal. I love slow cooker recipes quite a bit, since I have three pre-school aged children and a very busy husband- it makes me a very busy mom and wife. That makes it great for me when I find ways to cut back time in the kitchen on rather busy days. I think almost every mother and wife has a love affair with her slow cooker and if she doesn't- well- she probably doesn't own a slow cooker, so she doesn't know what she's missing.

The thing that drew me to I Love My Slow Cooker by Beverly LeBlanc was that there was an entire section devoted to vegetarian fare. As the lone vegetarian in a house full of meat lovers, it is great that there is a  book that offers both meat and vegetarian options. I am lucky that my kids will eat both! After I looked into the book, I saw that there were many ethnic recipes, which is a good thing for me because my family really enjoys flavors from around the world. And of course, there is a great chapter on desserts- everyone's favorite! For the beginner who is knew to slow cooking there is an entire section at the beginning devoted to all things slow cooker related. I think this is a great book for a busy mom, a novice cook or even someone who really enjoys cooking and different flavors.

I Love My Slow Cooker on Amazon.com.

*Disclosure- I received an advanced reader's copy from the publisher via NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinons stated are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment