Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Awakening by K.E. Ganshert (Book Review)

*This is book 2 in a trilogy. Be sure to read The Gifting prior to picking up The Awakening. 

About the book-

"I can't go home. It's not safe. Nowhere is." 

Tess Eckhart isn’t crazy. She’s not suffering from psychosis. She and Luka Williams are part of The Gifting. Before they can find out what that means, the man with all the answers turns up dead. The only thing he left behind? A few patient files that lead to the nation’s most lawless city. 

With authorities chasing them, Luka and Tess escape into the very heart of peril and against all odds, find an underground community of people just like them. They aren’t gathered together for the sole purpose of survival, either. They have a plan and a purpose–to awaken as many people with The Gifting as possible. It’s dangerous and deadly work. Tess wants to help. Luka is desperate to keep her safe–a task that proves increasingly difficult as Tess’s gifting comes to light. 

Is Tess Eckhart the One they’ve been waiting for? The One with the power to save them all?


My thoughts-

I flew through The Gifting in a few short days and I am so happy that The Awakening, the second book in the trilogy, was released just a few months later or I would be dying from anticipation!I bought it the day it came out and it didn't take long to be hooked.  It is a rarity that the middle book in a trilogy is much more than filler to hold us over until the third book and conclusion of the series, but that is not the case with The Awakening. I would even venture to say I enjoyed this one more than the first. There was so much action and so much suspense, I once again read through the entire book in just a few days...I couldn't put it down. I am so excited to read the conclusion in the final book, until then I will be on edge wondering what will happen to our hero Tess, her guy Luka, and all of the people with "the gifting".

Connect with Katie Ganshert on Facebook
Connect with Katie Ganshert on Twiiter
Connect with Katie Ganshert on Goodreads
Connect with Katie Ganshert on   Pinterest
katieganshert.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment