Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mary Kay Makeup Review

*Disclosure- I received Mary Kay Products via Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions stated are 100% my own.

I was SO excited when I learned that I was one of the lucky Influenster members that would get to try several Mary Kay products through their Vox Box program! When my box arrived the first thing I thought was "Wow, what a cute box!!" It was so girlie! When I got past how cute it was an opened it up, I was excited to see some of my favorite types of makeup products included. The box had a cream eye shadow in the shade violet storm, a eye cream/concealer makeup brush, True Dimensions lipstick in the shade pink cherie, eyelash primer and lash lengthening mascara.

My first thought on the products was that I LOVED the lipstick. It was a great shade of pink, just enough color for daytime wear. It took me a second to figure out how to open the tube because the top kind of clicks off instead of just automatically opening, but when I finally figured it out I thought it was so cool. The innovation in the clicking tube is that it is impossible to break your lipstick by it rolling up into the lid on accident! I don't know if I explained that well, but believe me, this is an awesome thing! After I tried on the lipstick, I tried the eyelash primer and mascara. I think the primer teamed with the lengthening mascara truly makes a difference. I mean, really? Look at how long my lashes look in the above picture! No clumps either. This is fantastic mascara and the primer just give in an extra kick! To finish off my look, it was time to try violet storm. I was excited because purple is my favorite color, but nervous because it's such a bold color. I have tried cream eye colors in the past, but they always only lasted a few hours before smudging or disappearing all together. I LOVED the way violet storm looked against my skin (that doesn't happen often with anything outside of the neutral color realm) and couldn't wait to go out and show off my new look. I got compliments from several different people. And it stayed put. All day. I mean ALL DAY. I really do plan to buy this eye cream in several more colors. It will be my go to eye makeup from now on! The makeup brush included in the box is a great brush that makes application a breeze, even for a novice.

Overall, I was impressed. Not a product in the box I didn't like. These products could stand up to much more expensive beauty products. I would highly recommend any of these, but if you can only splurge on one thing definitely go for the eye cream!

Find out more at the Mary Kay Website
Connect with Mary Kay on Facebook
Connect with Mary Kay on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment